To apply for these positions please e-mail your MS/Word formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Configuration Manager
Software/Systems Engineer to perform as the Configuration Management (CM) Lead, responsible for overseeing the overall configuration management infrastructure and environment for the company's operations. Will establish and enforce a structured, documented CM process, including the integration and coordination of the company's existing CM processes. The CM Lead is also responsible for performing CM functions as a part of the overall CM effort in support of product development for both internal and external efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and perform system level configuration identification, configuration control, product build and release management, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits for software, hardware and documentation work products and end item deliverables,
- Develop and implement CM processes consistent with SEI CMMI practices,
- Manage CM activities, including schedule and status reporting,
- Support the preparation of proposals and cost estimates related to the configuration management support area,
- Plan, develop and deliver CM process training within the company,
- Actively propose and drive improvement of configuration management work routines and processes including support tools and systems,
- Represent the interests of configuration management with program/project/product management and other stakeholders,
- Manage overall product/project life cycle configuration management as required by project requirements,
- Provide regular status reports (oral and/or written) to program/project management,
- Promote and ensures good communications within the team,
- Promote and supports cross-training to provide redundancy in key areas,
- Ensure that product/project specific processes and procedures are documented, easily available, and communicated to the respective teams
- Support deliverable development by project teams throughout the project lifecycle,
- Ensure configuration management deliverables are developed and delivered on time, consistent with contract requirements,
- Assist as required with infrastructure architecture planning, using design concepts for enhancing performance and availability.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other appropriate field.
- 5+ years of experience performing Configuration Management duties
- 3+ years experience managing a configuration management environment including documentation control, software release engineering, build processes for embedded software, application software, documents, test cases, tools and simulations
- Education may be substituted with 10+ years of directly related experience
- Extensive knowledge of commercial CM tools for software, hardware and documentation work products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to support multi-disciplined team environment
- Ability to support multiple ongoing efforts
- Certifications in Configuration Management process from a recognized professional organization
- Experience with formal Engineering Processes in an organization with processes certified by the Software Engineering Institutes (SEI) Capability Maturity Model (CMMI) at Level 3 or higher.
- System administration experience
- QA/Test experience
- Technical writing skills